A Yahoo.com mail is a free email service, which is the third largest web-based email service. At any given date, there are three web interfaces available for a Yahoo.com mail. To get a free Yahoo mail login, all you need is a computer or any mobile device with an internet connection and a web browser program.
The benefit of a mail.yahoo.com login is that it can be loaded in all web browsers and can also be used as a login for any social networking account or any other account for that matter. The yahoo.com login can also be used to access other Yahoo services.
Found below are the step-by-step instructions and screenshots to help you in setting up your own yahoomail.com account.
• Open a web browser program and go to the Yahoo home page at www.yahoo.com.
• It is not an assurance that the page will appear as it does on picture number 1. Nevertheless, you should just find the mail from the page and click on it. You can also go directly to www.mail.yahoo.com.
• Once loaded, a Yahoo mail sign in page opens on picture number 2. Click on the “Create New Account” link.
• You will then be brought to a yahoomail sign up form, as seen in picture 3.
• There will be times that you may find someone else’s my yahoo mail account instead of the registration page. In these instances, you have to sign out first (the sign out link should be on the upper right portion of the web page) and then refresh the webpage. In instances wherein the form still is not showing up, you should just delete the cache, cookies, and/or passwords from the web browser or even try using a different web browser program.
• On the form, put in your First name, Last name, Mobile number, Birthday, and Gender.
• The next field requires you to put in a Yahoo username for your possible email address. The format of a Yahoo email address is typically firstname.lastname@example.org. It is only the username that you can come up with. The @yahoo.com is the same for any and all Yahoo email accounts.
• Yahoo has millions upon millions of users. In order for you to use the email account of your choice, the username should not be the same as anyone else’s. Try reading about how to make good usernames is recommended. Upon putting in your preferred username, Yahoo immediately checks if the username is being used by someone else. Yahoo also offers you suggestions for other usernames you can use. You can use characters such as the underscore “_” and the period “.”, if needed. Finding a unique username can take a while, especially if you have a common name, but do not get disheartened.
• As soon as you have a unique Yahoo mail login username, congratulations!
• As with any email account, your Yahoo email account requires a password for security purposes. You do not want other people to access your Yahoo mail inbox and read your private email, right? Read some more on how to create strong passwords, which should be difficult for hackers to guess. As you type in your password, the characters will be replaced by dots. Yahoo will require that you have a password with 8-32 characters, upper and lower case characters, and numbers.
• As soon as you have a good and passable password, click on “Create Account.” You have hence created your Yahoo email!